Tropical disease investigations in Africa (1957)
Warning: this record has not been reviewed yet and may be incomplete or inaccurate.
If you have trouble viewing subtitles, try using a different web browser.
U.S. PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE 1798
TROPICAL DISEASE INVESTIGATIONS IN AFRICA
BY THOMAS A. BURCH, M.D.
LABORATORY OF TROPICAL DISEASES
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ALLERGY AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH EDUCATION AND WELFARE
WITH THE COOPERATION OF THE HEALTH DEPARTMENTS OF LIBERIA. BELGIAN CONGO, MOZAMBIQUE, KENYA
AND THE LIBERIAN INSTITUTE OF THE AMERICAN FOUNDATION FOR TROPICAL MEDICINE
- Prevention and control of communicable (infectious, contagious) diseases. Prevention of epidemics
- Medicaments according to their principal action
- Neural (nervous) disorders
- Various aspects of disease, patients and medical intervention
- Aetiology. Science of the causes of disease
- Various forms of disease, of treatment, of administration of medicaments
- Semeiology. Symptomatology. Signs and symptoms. Examination. Diagnosis. Propaedeutics
- Pathological physiology. Processes, mode of action of diseases. Pathogenesis. Study of origin of diseases
- Pathology of the digestive system. Complaints of the alimentary canal
- Pathology of the urogenital system. Urinary and sexual (genital) complaints. Urology
- Pathology of the organs of locomotion. Skeletal and locomotor systems
- Neurology. Neuropathology. Nervous system
Présentation des quatre maladies tropicales africaines les plus importantes et des recherches menées par les États-Unis pour les contrôler.
Structuring elements of the film
- Reporting footage : No.
- Set footage : No.
- Archival footage : No.
- Animated sequences : No.
- Intertitles : No.
- Host : No.
- Voix off : No.
- Interview : No.
- Music and sound effects : No.
- Images featured in other films : No.
How does the film direct the viewer’s attention?
How are health and medicine portrayed?
Broadcasting and reception
Where is the film screened?
Presentations and events associated with the film
Local, national, or international audience
References and external documents
- Transcription En, : Élisabeth Fuchs
- Subtitles French : Élisabeth Fuchs