Diagnostic procedures in tuberculosis (1940)
Warning: this record has not been reviewed yet and may be incomplete or inaccurate.
If you have trouble viewing subtitles, try using a different web browser.
Diagnostic procedures in tuberculosis
Year of production :
Country of production :
Scientific advisor(s) :
speaking film - Black and white - 35 mm
Original languages :
Subtitles and transcription :
Production companies :
Commissioning body :
Archive holder(s) :
NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS ASSOCIATION PRESENTS
“DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES IN TUBERCULOSIS”
EDGAR G. ULMER PH.D.
Production supervised by
J. BURGI CONTNER
MOTION PICTURE SERVICE CORP.
DR. KENDALL EMERSON
Managing Director of The National Tuberculosis Association
- Traumata. Injuries. Wounds
- Semeiology. Symptomatology. Signs and symptoms. Examination. Diagnosis. Propaedeutics
- Pathology of the respiratory system. Complaints of the respiratory organs
- Communicable diseases. Infectious and contagious diseases, fevers
Structuring elements of the film
- Reporting footage : Yes.
- Set footage : No.
- Archival footage : No.
- Animated sequences : Yes.
- Intertitles : No.
- Host : No.
- Voix off : Yes.
- Interview : No.
- Music and sound effects : Yes.
- Images featured in other films : No.
How does the film direct the viewer’s attention?
How are health and medicine portrayed?
Broadcasting and reception
Where is the film screened?
Presentations and events associated with the film
Local, national, or international audience
References and external documents
Lowy Vincent & Cantor David, Conversion Narratives, Health Films, and Hollywood Filmmakers of the 1930s and 1940s in Health Education Films in the Twentieth Century, edited by Christian Bonah, David Cantor and Anja Laukötter, University of Rochester Press,
- Transcription English : Séverine George, Nicolas Guechi
- Subtitles French : Séverine George, Nicolas Guechi