Cholera can be conquered (1946)
|Cholera can be conquered|
|Title||Cholera can be conquered|
|Series||Medicine in action|
|Year of production||1946|
|Country of production||États-Unis|
|Format||Parlant - Couleur - 35 mm|
|Subtitles and transcription||English, French|
|Production companies||Byron Motion Pictures|
|Commissioning body||U.S. Navy|
|Archive holder(s)||National Library of Medicine|
- 1 Main credits
- 2 Content
- 3 Broadcasting and reception
- 4 Description
- 5 Contributors
MEDICINE IN ACTION
- Prevention and control of communicable (infectious, contagious) diseases. Prevention of epidemics
- Hygiene of air, water, soil. Pollution and its control
- Various aspects of disease, patients and medical intervention
- Aetiology. Science of the causes of disease
- Complications. Consequences. Repercussions. Concurrence, simultaneous state. Correlation. Previous illnesses. Previous state of health. Antagonism of two diseases
- Semeiology. Symptomatology. Signs and symptoms. Examination. Diagnosis. Propaedeutics
- Pathology of the digestive system. Complaints of the alimentary canal
- Communicable diseases. Infectious and contagious diseases, fevers
Structuring elements of the film
- Reporting footage : Yes.
- Set footage : No.
- Archival footage : No.
- Animated sequences : No.
- Intertitles : No.
- Host : No.
- Voice-over : Yes.
- Interview : No.
- Music and sound effects : Yes.
- Images featured in other films : No.
How does the film direct the viewer’s attention?
How are health and medicine portrayed?
Broadcasting and reception
Where is the film screened?
Presentations and events associated with the film
Local, national, or international audience
MN-3726A Medicine in Action 1 Pacific Enemy Number Two (Malaria) (1944)
MN-3726D Medicine in Action 4 Soft Tissue Wounds (1944)
MN-3726G Medicine in Action 6 Evacuation of Casualties Saipan (1944)
MN-3726H Medicine in Action 8 Head Injury: Report of a Battle Casualty (1945)
References and external documents